PA Prosperity Partnerships (2009 Strategic Plan Report)
Community Perception/Attitude: Forum participants stated there is a negative perception about Fayette County in terms of its quality as a community in which to live, work, and play. Forum participants believe it will be necessary to defeat this negative perception in order to move Fayette County forward and suggest taking advantage of local broadcasting and marketing opportunities as part of the strategy.
What are the community needs for quality of life?
- Safe and green, life sustaining basic needs such as food, work, education, healthcare
- Culture, family, income, jobs, happy, healthy and meaningful lives
What types of projects could the community and PSU work together on to meet the needs of the community with regard to quality of life?
- Community service by PSU students in K-12 schools
- PSU minor in civic engagement
- Need more access to community college
- More services
- PSU connection
- PSU is expensive – need more scholarships
- Should be more connected to the community
- Vo-Tech/PSU lack connection
- Community is not aware of what’s going on at PSU
- Housing revitalization/redo housing stocks
- On campus housing to attract more students rather than just local commuters
- Applied learning
- Present and support the arts
- Gifted summer programs
- PSU research should be accessible by all campuses
- PSU to become community center
Do not forget to submit ideas and comments in (Leave a Reply).