COMMUNITY VISION STATEMENT
In 2020, our community will be a place where property, business owners and residents will be proud of their community and will take steps to improve it’s character. A place where visitors will be welcomed and the privacy of the residents will be protected. Ohiopyle will become a model for sustainable living, with respect to the Environment, the Economy and Social equality. A community that will continue to complement the landscape, be powered with renewable energy (wind, water, solar, geothermal) and use environmentally sensitive building materials, sustainable products, recyclable materials (plastic, metal and paper) retrieved for recycling, water collected in rain barrels and reused. Runoff from streets and parking lots will be filtered through rain gardens, bio-swales and porous surfaces before seeping into the river. A place with rich history and moving the town’s character forward to change in positive directions. Historic properties and memories will be preserved and new ones will be created.
Meeting October 28, 2009 @ Community Center
- We need a standard, uniform truancy policy for ALL districts. Students that move around in districts will be aware of the policy. (Education)
- Kindergarten registrations should be uniform. (Education)
- We should have community gardens at every school to teach sustainability to our children at lower levels.
- Need donations to finish and install the Veteran Memorial at the corner of Community Center building. (Community Development)
- We should invite students to these meetings. We need more focus on this age group. (Community Development)